Teeth whitening has become very popular recently. Everybody wants a gleaming, white smile. There are many ways that you can get a whiter, brighter smile, and we will help you along the way. Follow our tips and you will have the white teeth that you have always desired.
- If you use 2 hour whitening strips and they make your gums sore, switch to strips that only need to stay on for 30 minutes. You will need to keep using these strips for 2 weeks, instead of a few days, but they are much more comfortable on your gums. Talk to your dentist and see if he or she can recommend a brand that is known to work better for most people.
- Fruits are a great, natural way to whiten teeth. Fruits like oranges and strawberries can give you whiter teeth. Turn the strawberries into paste by mashing them and then putting the paste onto your teeth for about five minutes. Avoid acidic lemon juice, which can ruin enamel, and peroxide, which can cause gum irritation.
- Have regular cleanings with your dentist - twice a year.
- Avoid spending money on expensive products that don't work.
- Brush immediately after each meal to avoid discolored teeth. Many foods and drinks have staining properties, and cleaning your teeth straight away will stop the stain from setting. Coffee is a particularly bad for staining.
- Don't drink beverages that cause staining, eg. coffee, soda and tea. If you have to drink these drinks, you should sip water while drinking them to reduce the likelihood of stains.
If your teeth start tingling or feel sensitive when using a teeth whitener, stop using it immediately. Consult your dentist to make sure you aren't damaging your teeth.
Once your teeth have been whitened, you need to brush after every meal. Food can cause bacteria to grow on your teeth. If your tooth enamel is still porous after the whitening procedure, this bacterial growth can cause a lot of damage.
Make sure that you are whitening only natural teeth if you want best results. Veneers, crowns, fillings or implants will maintain their original shade. If you whiten your teeth it might make any dental work you have done stick out!
Don't use a teeth whitening product without first talking to your dentist.
Expectant mothers shouldn't use commercial teeth whiteners, as they contain chemicals that could harm your fetus.
Rigorous dental hygiene practices can lead to better breath and a whiter smile. Try using gum, a breath mint or mouthwash.
With these tips you will see dramatic changes in the shade of your teeth and a much better smile.